} -->

Friday, May 1, 2009

Free Table Runner Valance Tutorial!

Need some instant sewing gratification? Here's a super quick project that will have you happy in no time!

This Table Runner Valance will fit windows that are 48" to 54" wide. The basic formula for a gathered cafe type curtain is window width x 1.5. So 50" x 1.5 = 75".
Table runners are 72" long - close enough, the valance just needs a bit of gather in it.


1) Buy It
Buy a table runner off the clearance shelf, and a 1" or less flatish curtain rod.

2) Pin It
Fold over one long end 3", enough room for a .5" seam allowance, a 1.5" pocket, and a 1" header.

3) Sew It
Sew 2.5" from the fold, and then 1" from the fold.

4) Show It
Finished! Hang it up and take a bow!



4 comments:

Anne said...

Cool idea!!! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing Blog: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-make-a-valance-from-a-tablerunner/2009/05/02/
--Anne

Mama Lusco said...

Great idea...love the colors! I
saw this first over at Craft Gossip, but now I know it's yours :) keep up the good work!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love it! Easy and creative! I'll be linking.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

i think I could do this! I've been trying to figure out what to do with all those cheap runners I see at the dollar store and here is the answer! Thanks! I'm linking~